I have been fascinated with the past all my life. Although time travel is not possible (at least, as far as I know), we can still experience it through what I call "relics of the fourth dimension." Namely, as the old saying goes, "time marches on." We can't travel in the fourth dimension, except going forward in the present, but we can follow the trail of the fourth dimension. Along the way, people lose or discard items from their being. These relics are unintentional time capsules that give us as glimpse into their lives. Here on The Time Searchers blog, I will show some relics of the past that I have run across in our present. Sometimes when I am out on a relic hunt with the Colonial Relic Hunter, we know that we are not alone. There is more than just relics at these historical sites. Indeed, it could be said that there is a portal to the past, perhaps to another dimension, where that which once was, still is. A place where the real consorts with the shadows; the present fuses with the past, on Time Searchers: Ghost Relics.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

RMS TITANIC MAIDEN VOYAGE APRIL 10, 1912 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED BY ROBERT BALLARD-DISCOVERER OF THE TITANIC WRECK SITE

HERE'S A PHOTO THAT I RAN ACROSS IN SOME ITEMS THAT I ADDED TO THE TIME SEARCHER ARCHIVE.  ITS A PHOTO THAT THE FAMED UNDERSEA EXPLORER, ROBERT BALLARD SIGNED IN 2010.  I ALWAYS ADMIRED BOB BALLARD'S WORK.  I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE WORLD WAS AMAZED WHEN HE FOUND THE LEGENDARY TITANIC.  PRIOR TO THIS FIND IN 1985, THERE WAS OTHER EXPEDITIONS TO FIND THE TITANIC.  BUT LIKE  "THE RAISE THE TITANIC" MOVIE FROM 1979, BALLARD'S EXPEDITION HAD THE COOPERATION AND HELP OF THE U.S. NAVY WHO TASKED BALLARD IN A COVERT OPERATION TO FIND TWO SUNKEN SUBMARINES IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR HELP IN FINDING THE TITANIC.
I HAVE DISAGREED WITH BALLARD'S POSITION THAT NO RELICS SHOULD BE SALVAGED FROM THE TITANIC OR THE DEBRIS FIELD AROUND THE SHIP.  ITS MY BELIEF THAT THESE RELICS SHOULD BE RECOVERED TO TELL STORY OF THE TITANIC AND THE PEOPLE ON BOARD THE SHIP.  OTHERWISE, THESE RELICS WILL ROT AWAY TO NOTHING AND BE LOST TO THE WORLD.  RELICS TELL A STORY THAT JUST READING THE TEXT IN A BOOK CANNOT CONVEY.  SEEING AND HOLDING A RELIC FROM THE TIME AND EVENT YOU ARE STUDYING GIVES YOU A CONNECTION WITH THE PEOPLE AND EVENTS OF THAT TIME.  I BELIEVE THAT IS TRUE FOR THE TITANIC AND OTHER EVENTS OF HISTORY TOO. THAT IS WHY WE ARE ALWAYS OUT THERE LOOKING FOR RELICS AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY WE GET.-THE TIME SEARCHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment