I have been fascinated with the past all my life. Although time travel is not possible (at least, as far as I know), we can still experience it through what I call "relics of the fourth dimension." Namely, as the old saying goes, "time marches on." We can't travel in the fourth dimension, except going forward in the present, but we can follow the trail of the fourth dimension. Along the way, people lose or discard items from their being. These relics are unintentional time capsules that give us as glimpse into their lives. Here on The Time Searchers blog, I will show some relics of the past that I have run across in our present. Sometimes when I am out on a relic hunt with the Colonial Relic Hunter, we know that we are not alone. There is more than just relics at these historical sites. Indeed, it could be said that there is a portal to the past, perhaps to another dimension, where that which once was, still is. A place where the real consorts with the shadows; the present fuses with the past, on Time Searchers: Ghost Relics.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

A TIME SEARCHER TRIBUTE TO A INSULT COMEDY LEGEND-DON RICKLES "CRAP GAME" KELLY'S HEROES


I WAS GOING TO DO A TRIBUTE TO THE 1970 CLASSIC FILM "KELLY'S HEROES" AT SOME POINT.  BUT, THE COLONIAL RELIC HUNTER CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THAT OUR OLD FRIEND, DON RICKLES HAD PASSED AWAY.  WE LOVED HIS COMEDY AND THE KELLY'S HEROES FILM IS ONE OF OUR OLD FAVORITES.  I HAVE EVEN JOKED ON OUR SHOW THAT I AM THE "CRAP GAME" OF OUR OUTFIT, THE TIME SEARCHERS.  DON RICKLES WAS IN A CLASS BY HIMSELF.  HE COULD INSULT PEOPLE AND THEY WOULD LAUGH WITH HIM INSTEAD OF BEING INSULTED.  IN KELLY'S HEROES HE PLAYED THE SUPPLY SARGENT CALLED "CRAP GAME", HIS CHARACTER PROVIDED THE INTELLIGENCE AND EQUIPMENT FOR KELLY (CLINT EAST WOOD) AND THEIR INFANTRY SQUAD SARGENT (TELLY SAVALAS) WITH THE SUPPLIES FOR THEM TO GO AFTER THE NAZI GOLD.  CRAP GAME EVEN ARRANGED ARMOR SUPPORT FROM ODDBALL (DONALD SUTHERLAND).  A GREAT COMEDY WAR FILM THAT FIRED MY IMAGINATION AS A KID.  I PUT TWO OTHER CLIPS DOWN BELOW TO SHOW HOW DON PLAYED HIS CHARACTER, (YES, I AGREE WITH THE COLONIAL RELIC HUNTER THAT MY BACK OFFICE LOOKS LIKE CRAP GAME'S OFFICE IN THE SUPPLY DEPOT.) WE WILL MISS YOU DON RICKLES-THE TIME SEARCHER


HERE'S DON RICKLES CLASSIC ART OF DEAL CLIP:  MAYBE HE'S A REPUBLICAN.



No comments:

Post a Comment